Be Sure to visit c.michaelperry.com for more information.
C. Michael Perry – was born in Colorado and raised in Chicago. He found the theatre in High School and has made a living in theatre, film and television since then. He has worked major network television shows, including the original Donny and Marie Show for ABC, and many commercials, and several Shows for PBS and ABC, along with two independent films. As an Actor/Performer he has played in front of live audiences from Chicago to Utah to Canada to Germany and Italy in various plays and musicals. He has received acting awards for his many leading and supporting roles.
He has served as Director for over 40 shows on the Community, Educational and Professional level. As a Choreographer he has prepared over 50 productions. His Musical Direction and Vocal Coaching have won accolades in dozens of productions. He has won awards for lighting and scenic designs in community theatre and on the high school level.
He is a graduate of Brigham Young University with a BA in Theatre.
He is the Composer and/or Playwright of over fifty plays and musicals including “CINDERABBIT” for PBS, which won an Emmy Award and a “Best Of The West” Public Television award. Most of his plays and award winning musicals have been produced across the nation and many have been produced internationally. Many are also published. Several titles include, ENTERTAINING MARK TWAIN, FAUNTLEROY!, KEWPIE!, THE APPLE KINGDOM, OF BABYLON, TURN THE GAS BACK ON!, CURSES, FOILED AGAIN!, TOM SAWYER, ONSTAGE!, A CHRISTMAS MEMORY, THE MIRACLE OF MIRADOR, THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL, ANNE with an ‘e’ – THE GREEN GABLES MUSICAL and ENCHANTED APRIL: A Musical.
He is or has been a member of Theta Alpha Phi, The Educational Theatre Association, The International Thespian Society, Associated Latter-day Media Artists (ALMA), Christians In Theatre Arts, The Texas Educational Theatre Association, The Utah Theatre Association, Rocky Mountain Theatre Association, Ohio Community Theatre Association, Southwest Theatre Association, The American Alliance for Theatre In Education and The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). He has served as the President of the Theatre Guild Of Utah Valley in central Utah.
For thirty years, until its sale in 2008, he was President of Encore Performance Publishing of Orem, Utah, which he founded — a publisher of plays and musicals for amateur, educational and professional markets, now owned by Eldridge Plays and Musicals. He also worked as the VP of Sales and Marketing for General Theatrical Supply of Salt Lake City. He currently does freelance writing for Scottsdale MultiMedia, a company out of Arizona. He is the Owner/Publisher of Leicester Bay Books, Zion BookWorks, Leicester Bay Theatricals and Zion Theatricals and Shining Sharon Music. He is the Author of two fantasy adventure series: DANIEL LIGHT AND THE CHILDREN OF THE ORB; and WEMBLEY TEWKES ON THE EDGES OF TIME, plus other books and novels.
He makes his home in Newport, Maine with his wife Sharon, His son Jon-Christopher and his daughters, Jessica and Janalynn and Joelle are out on their own; married and such!
- CHRISTMAS WITH THE CHOIR — a Resource Sampler (*song included in this compilation)
- As Gold — Stripling Warriors — VOCAL SOLO
- Because An Angel — 1Nephi 11
- Becoming — How We Grow — VOCAL SOLO (plus INSTRUMENTAL, if desired)
- Born Of Heaven’s Power — The Priesthood — VOCAL SOLO & SSA
- The Children of Christ — 4Nephi1: 15-17 — VOCAL SOLO & SATB
- A Child’s Carol — Christmas — Single Voice or Group Voices
- Christmas Is Coming — (with James G. Lambert) — SATB [with optional Children’s Voices] & SOLO
- Christmas Star — Christmas — (with George G. King) — SATB & VOCAL SOLO
- Christmas Time — (with George G. King) — SATB & SOLO
- Easy — Friendship in Christ — VOCAL SOLO
- Gardens — those places of Glory and Sacrifice — VOCAL SOLO
- Greatest of All — VOCAL SOLO
- Hosanna! — Easter — VOCAL SOLO & SAB
- I Am His — taking upon us the name of Christ — VOCAL SOLO
- In Bethlehem’s Stall — Salvation from He who came as a little child — VOCAL SOLO
- In Bethlehem’s Stall — Salvation from He who came as a little child — SATB
- Jerusalem, Arise! — (Moroni 10) — VOCAL SOLO & SATB
- A New Star* — Christmas–VOCAL SOLO & SATB
- O, Holy Child — Christmas — (with Carolyn Gifford) — SAB
- Oh You Fair Ones — Mormon 6:8-22 — Vocal Solo by C. Michael Perry
- On My Knees — prayer — VOCAL SOLO
- Once Upon A Time — Turning over your will to God — VOCAL SOLO
- One True Princess — VOCAL SOLO
- Pillar of Flame — Joseph Smith — VOCAL SOLO
- Princesses — daughters — VOCAL SOLO
- She Believes — VOCAL SOLO
- A Shining Star — A double melody song about the birth of Jesus Christ and the signs that accompanied it. (with James G. Lambert) — SATB
- Sing A Song of Faith — (Helaman3:35) — VOCAL SOLO & SATB
- Solitaire — Single Life & Marriage — (with George G. King) — VOCAL SOLO
- Son of God — about the Priesthood — VOCAL SOLO
- Still! — about the Savior, then and now — (with George G.King) — VOCAL SOLO
- Still! — about the Savior, then and now — (with George G.King) — SATB
- The Sweetest Peace — The Temple — VOCAL SOLO
- Talking Through The Ceiling — prayer, reaching God — VOCAL SOLO
- We’re Not Alone! — He is always there — VOCAL SOLO
- Welcome Home! — Missionaries coming home — VOCAL SOLO
- Where Heaven Touches Earth — The Temple — VOCAL SOLO
Arrangements of Well-known Songs
- Angels Sang — adapted from Hark The Herald Angels Sing — SATB
- Angels We Have Heard On High — SATB
- Beautiful Zion Built Above — Heaven — VOCAL SOLO
- Calon Lan — Welsh Hymn — Music: John Hughes, Words: Gwyrosydd — VOCAL SOLO
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing — SATB
- Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah — Music byJohn Hughes, Lyrics by William Williams — SATB
- I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day — 2part voice
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul — SATB
- Joseph Smith’s First Prayer — SOLO
- Mid Pleasures and Palaces (Home Sweet Home) — VOCAL SOLO
- O Come O Come Emmanuel — Traditional — SATB
- Oh, My Father — SATB
- Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus (Descant) — SATB Descant
- Shenandoah — SATB
- Sweet Hour of Prayer — Music by William B. Bradbury. Lyric by William Walford — SATB
- There is a Green Hill Far Away — SATB
Christmas Cantatas and Celebrations